Sleep-walking into a disaster?
Like divorce, there are three sides to every story; his, hers and the truth.
At the moment we are galloping at breakneck speed with arms open towards the magical cure-all kingdom of 5G. The potential uses for “good” are almost limitless with probably a million possibilities as yet to be created. No-one is denying that the sheer genius of this supersonic communication and connection is pretty amazing.
It was only 50 years ago that Startrek’s Captain Kirk and crew, in their tights, were talking to their wrist watches and today we have robotic vacuums, self parking cars and call centres all driven by AI.
There are comparatively few major players currently supplying us with the promised visionary results for safety, health and environmental salvation all down to 5G. Unfortunately, there are many, many more whose livelihood is based around IT Comms so this brings yet another tricky balancing act.
But, it is disconcerting to discover that in 2017, 186 scientists wrote to the EU saying they had concerns over the impact to health from possible radiation exposure and that good independent research should be carried out first before we (governments) sign up.
Belgium, Nederlands, Germany and the Municipality of Rome have all said Non, Nee, Nein and No!
There is a plethora of articles readily available on-line about all the good things it can bring but less around the concerns. This is not anti-5G but pro-independent research.
Listed below are some of the major factors in store:
- The “small” cell installations need to be placed every 300 metres
- The Small cell installation is larger than a fridge
- The radiation from the small cell installation is not small
- Millions of these will be placed around everywhere to enable the short waves to move from one to the next
- 5 G adds an extra layer and is not instead of 4G
- In the US and probably over here, communities won’t be given the right to have a say in this for their areas
- Scientists worldwide are calling for a halt on this rollout
- Cumulative daily exposure is damaging for health due to the combination of both the proliferation of masts and the short wave length of 5G (actually in the microwave range) The 5G millimeter wave is known to heat the eyes, skin and teste Of particular concern are the most vulnerable among us — the unborn, children, the infirm, the elderly and the disabled. It is also expected that populations of bees and birds will drastically decline.”
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233707?fbclid=IwAR0FNoTCxqLjlDNCLH5h9j7OMXKGMt1YxPJyF9Lh0OSNI_HpJQVIqmkJAu4 Cross party petition for the UK government to act on independent research
https://ehtrust.org/key-issues/cell-phoneswireless/5g-networks-iot-scientific-overview-human-health-risks/ references on impact from various research bodies